A new 8-person Gondel lift replaces the old chairlift “paradiso-presena” and two t-bar lifts. It will transport 1500 people per hour from Passo Paradiso (2585 m) to the top of the Presena’s glacier (3000 m). This will work alongside a new 4-person chairlift called “Casola”.
Selva did not hold back on developing new lifts and slopes:
- In val Gardena a new 6-person chairlift replaces the old 2-person chair one, however, the name remains as “Comici 2”. Skiers will now be able to reach the slopes of Sellaronda more comfortably and quicker thanks to this new ski lift. It will be ready for December 2015;
- A new slope will add to the fantastic views at this ski resort: a long black slope 1.050 meters called “Paprika”. This slope will connect the highest part of the Piz Sella with the original run Plan de Gralba.
Kronplatz has invested a lot of money to improve its ski resort: A new cable car will operate in the winter season 2015/2016. It is called Belvedere, something that alludes to the amazing views to be seen from this cable car. It is also fairly quick, it travels at 6 meters per second and will be able to transport 3.300 people per hour. No other cable car in the ski resort is able to do the same. In one single cabin 15 people can be transported: 9 seated and 6 standing. Moreover, in this cable car (just like the other 2 in Kronplatz) there will be free WI-FI connection.
Cormayeur is building the “eighth wonder of the world” as they call it or SkyWay. This amazing cable car is able to bring you all the way up to the top: from the station of Pontal d’Entrèves (1.300 m) to the station of Pavillon du Mont Fréty (2.200 m) to the top station of Hellbronner (3.466 m). At the top, a big and protected room has been built out of glass and steel, which is perfect to admire the mountainous view. Even better, there is a big panorama terrace with a diameter of 14 meters that offers a 360° view over the valley and over Mont Blanc, Monte Rosa, Matterhorn, Gran Paradiso and Grand Combin. Inside this station, there is also a crystal exhibition, a restaurant and a multimedia info point. The cable cars are special as well: they are oval and can turn on its axis, so that every guest can admire the landscape.
In Alta Badia a new 6-person chairlift is going to replace the old „La Fraina“. It will be 774 meters long and it is going to transport up to 2400 skiers per hour.
Val di Fassa has renovated its available lifts:
- A new cable car called “Alba-Col dei Rossi” will connect Canazei, Ciampac with the ski resort Belvedere. It is a cable car with two cabins with a capacity of 100 person each. It will be 2260 meters long and it will carry 1120 people an hour. In no more than 5 minutes skiers will be able to reach Canazei-Belvedere and Campitello-Col-Rondella;
- A new lift will link the ski resorts of Pozza-Buffoure, Alba-Campiac, Canazei-Belvedere and Campitello-Col Rodella. It will be possible to move around these ski resorts skiing: no more walking or taking the bus;
- In the ski resort of Alpe Lusia-San Pellegrino the old chairlift Molino-le Buse will be replaced with a new 8-person chairlift that will transport skiers faster and more comfortably. The base and top stations have both been renovated: they are now modern with a low environmental impact and they have been adapted so that skiers can appreciate their surroundings.